Brigalow, Mulga and Channel Country
- Bailey A ed, 1982, The Brigalow Belt of Australia, The Royal Society of Queensland, Brisbane
- Edmondston V, 2001, Managing the Channel Country Sustainably: Producer’s Experiences, Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
- Robin L, Dickman C & Martin M, eds, 2010, Desert Channels: The Impulse to Conserve, CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood.
- Sattler P, ed, 1986, The Mulga Lands, Royal Society of Queensland, Brisbane
- Tropical Grassland Society of Australia, 1973, Tropical Grasslands: The Mulga Lands of Australia, Vol 7, No1, March 1973.
The Temperate South
- Lindenmayer D et al, 2005, Woodlands: A Disappearing Landscape, CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood.
- Nicholas S G et al, eds. 2015, Managing And Restoring The Native Grasslands Of South-Eastern Australia, CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood.
- Sahukar R, Gallery C & Smart J, 2003, The Bioregions of NSW: Their Biodiversity, Conservation and History, National Parks and Wildlife Service (NSW), Sydney.
Fauna identification and conservation status
- Cronin L, 2008, Cronin’s Key Guide to Australian Mammals, Allen & Unwin, Crows Nest NSW.
- Curtis L K, Dennis A J, McDonald K R, Kyne P M and Debus J S, 2012, Queensland’s Threatened Animals, CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood.
- Marshall A J, ed, 1966, The Great Extermination: A guide to Anglo-Australian cupidity, wickedness and waste, Panther Books, London.
- Slater P et al, 2nd ed 2009, The Slater Field Guide to Australian Birds, Lansdowne Publishing, NSW.
- Strahan R, ed, 1983, Complete Book of Australian Mammals, Angus & Robertson, Melbourne.
- Woinarski J, Burbidge A & Harrison P, 2014, The Action Plan for Australian Mammals 2012, CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood.
Managing pastoral lands
- Burrows W H et al, 1988, Native Pastures in Queensland: The Resources and their Management, Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
- Heywood J et al, 2000, Graziers Experience in Managing Mulga Country, Dept. of Primary Industries, Queensland.
- McIntyre S, McIvor J G & Heard K M eds, 2002, Managing and Conserving Grassy Woodlands, CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood.
- Meat & Livestock Australia, 2011, Grazing Land Management: Sustainable and Productive Natural Resource Management, MLA, North Sydney.
- Partridge I, 1996, Managing Mulga Grasslands: a Graziers Guide, Dept. of Primary Industries, Queensland.
The Rangelands and the North
- Bastin G, 2008, Rangelands 2008—Taking the Pulse, published for the ACRIS Management Committee by the National Land and Water Resources Audit, DEWHA, Canberra.
- Harrington G N et al, eds, 1984, Management of Australia’s Rangelands, CSIRO, Melbourne.
- Stafford Smith M & Cribb J, 2009, Dry Times: Blueprint for a Red Land, CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood.
- Woinarski J, Booth C & Traill B, 2014, The Modern Outback: Nature, People and the Future of Remote Australia, The PEW Charitable Trusts, Sydney. View website at XXXXXXXX.
- Woinarski J, Mackey B, Nix H & Traill B, 2007, The Nature of Northern Australia: Natural Values, Ecological Processes and Future Prospects, ANU Press, Canberra.
- Alexander R, A Field Guide to the Plants of the Channel Country—Western Queensland, The Channel Landcare Group Inc, Longreach.
- Cunningham G M, et al, 1981, Plants of Western New South Wales, Soil Conservation Service, New South Wales.
- Fox I D et al, 2001, The Vegetation of the Australian Tropical Savannas, E. P. A., Brisbane.
- Lester N C, 2nd ed 2008, Woodlands to Weeds: Southern Queensland Brigalow Belt, Copy Right Publishing, Brisbane.
- Milson J, 2000, Pasture Plants of North West Queensland, Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
- Pearson S & A, Plants of Central Queensland, Society for Growing Native Plants, NSW.
- Duncan-Kemp A M, 1961, Our Channel Country, Angus & Robertson, Sydney.
- Gurry T, ed, 1988, The European Occupation, Heinemann Educational Australia, Richmond.
- McDonald L, 2001, West of Matilda: Outback Queensland—1890s–1990s, Central Queensland University Press, Rockhampton, Queensland.
- Morrison A, 2009, When Wool was King: The Inside Story of Australia’s Wool Industry, R M Williams Publishing, Milsons Point, Sydney.
- Reynolds H, 2013, Forgotten War, New South Publishing, Sydney.
- Watson D, 2014, The Bush: Travels in the Heart of Australia, Penguin (Hamish Hamilton), Melbourne.
Land management—General references
- Cribb J, 2010, The Coming Famine: The Global Food Crisis and What we can do to Avoid It, CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood.
- Henderson R & Johnson D, 2016 3rd ed, The Geology of Australia, Cambridge University Press, Melbourne.
- Lavery H J ed , 1978, Exploration North: Australia’s Wildlife from Desert to Reef, Richmond Hill Press, Richmond, Victoria.
- McKenzie N et al, 2004, Australia’s Soils and Landscapes: An Illustrated Compendium, CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood.
- McKeon G, et al, eds, 2004, Pasture Degradation and Recovery in Australia’s Rangelands: Learning from History, Dept. of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy, Brisbane.
- Ratcliffe F, 1947, Flying Fox and Drifting Sand: the Adventures of a Biologist in Australia, Angus & Robertson, Sydney.